Hylton’s Student-Athlete Leadership Team and School Sports!

The Student-Athlete Leadership Team, also known as SALT, is a select group of Hylton student athletes. They were chosen by their coaches for the demonstration of leadership within their respective sports teams. Here is a glimpse into what SALT is all about! 

By advertising games on social media (@hyltonsalt on Instagram), setting themes, decorating for home games, and getting people hyped on school spirit, SALT aims to increase student involvement and bring back the “Bulldog culture”. Whether it be through sports and/or clubs, getting involved in high school is an important decision, and one many strongly support! See “Get Involved in Hylton’s Clubs”  for more information on the clubs our school has to offer, or the school’s website for information on sports. 

More recently, SALT and the Student Council Association’s Class of 2023 put on the Homecoming Pep Rally. They organized and executed games such as tug of war, red light green light, and pass-punt-kick- all of which were deemed a success! The Junior Class also won the overall homecoming spirit week competition, based on spirit days, spirit link chains, and pep rally competitions. 

On the topic of games, there are a number of Hylton football games coming up. While fall sports don’t only include football- but also field hockey, cross country, and golf- football is the only team with games remaining in the fall 2021 season. 

Varsity Football: All varsity football games for the 2021 season begin at 7:00 pm on: 

• Friday, Oct. 22, 2021 Garfield vs. Hylton AWAY
  • Friday, Oct. 30, 2021 Freedom vs. Hylton AWAY
  • Friday, Nov. 3, 2021 Forest Park vs. Hylton HOME

With the winter season fast approaching, also keep an eye on the Hylton Student Activities page of our website for more information regarding tryouts, required concussion training and physicals, game schedules, etc.  Hylton has boys and girls basketball, wrestling, gymnastics, indoor track, and swim and dive over the winter. Later flowing into spring, we have boys and girls lacrosse, soccer, and tennis as well as softball and baseball. 

Don’t forget to stay tuned with morning news announcements, the slides in the commons, and follow @hyltonsalt on Instagram for updates on upcoming games! We hope to see you out on the field supporting our Bulldogs! 

Follow our sports teams on social media! 

Football @hyltonfootball

Dance @hylton.danceteam

Swim and Dive @hyltonswim 

Crew @hyltonhsrowing and @hyltoncrew

Men’s Lacrosse @hylton_mens_lacrosse 

Women’s Lacrosse @hylton_girls_lacrosse