A Look Back to 2021 Homecoming Week

A spirit-filled week with our homecoming pep rally, victorious homecoming football game against Colgan Sharks, a yummy Taste of CISL tailgate, and a lively dance!

Camila Amaya

Hylton’s bleachers on Friday’s homecoming football game. Photo via Camila Amaya.

The long awaited 2021 homecoming week filled Hylton High School with celebratory and competitive spirit.

For SCA’s spirit week, Hylton showed spirit through twin day, decades day, college wear day, and class colors day! Swipe through the gallery to view some of our student’s best looks.

The Homecoming pep rally on Friday, MC’ed by Mr. Bricker and SCA juniors and seniors, and led by SALT members, was a total success! The climax of the pep rally was the iconic senior run, a class of 2024 victory of tug of war, and friendly competition between seniors and juniors during the ‘finish the lyrics’ competition.

The class of 2023 goes wild when their punt-pass-kick competitor punts a football. Photo via Camila Amaya.

Spirit points accumulated and led the class of 2023 to a spirited victory. The energy-filled pep rally set the tone to carry our football bulldogs to victory!

Full house for Friday’s pep rally! Photo via Camila Amaya.

Our Hylton Bulldogs won against the Colgan Sharks 35-21 on Friday’s black-out-themed game! Highlights of the game for bulldogs included the hyped JROTC and student section and eating funnel cake from the food truck.

Part of the hyped student section at Friday’s homecoming football game.

Prior to the game, the Center for International Studies and Languages held their annual Taste of CISL tailgate. Students brought international snacks and food. Popular items were Colachampan and Goya Malta for drinks, and Cuban ‘bocadillos’, or ‘bites’, made by CISL junior, Nick Slater!

Hylton’s homecoming week ended with a ‘bang’ on Saturday evening for our homecoming dance. Hylton dressed up in the ‘Once Upon a Time’ theme and had fun dancing to classic throwbacks like ‘Party in the USA’ and ‘Cupids Shuffle’!

A big thank you to SCA, SALT, athletic teams, Hylton administrators, and the whole student body for a big come-back homecoming week!