Fashion Within The Halls

Hylton students are owning the halls with their fashion styles.

Kayla+Le+and+Jeremiah+Gonzalez+%28seniors%29+pictured+on+the+left%2C+and+Christian+Daniels+and+Tara+Vivian+pictured+on+the+right+%28juniors%29.+

Kayla Le and Jeremiah Gonzalez (seniors) pictured on the left, and Christian Daniels and Tara Vivian pictured on the right (juniors).

As a freshman, I had no idea or knowledge of what was considered fashionable. While ripped skinny jeans and a crop top were in fashion back in 2018 and 2019, I wore sweatpants and a t-shirt day after day. However, I took notice of those who were always looking their best and drew their confidence from their outfits.

Although some may see clothing as nothing more than clothing, finding an aesthetic or a fashion style that fits you can give you a newfound sense of confidence. It is a medium in which one can express themselves and it has become apparent that many are finding themselves through clothing since the start of the school year.

For now, it is safe to say that fashion trends have definitely changed since the 2019-2020 school year. Many fashionable students within the halls are making this clear as they stand out from the crowd and are exemplary of the current fashion trends.

While not trying to dissect everything that’s new, much of the trends include baggy jeans, oversized graphic t-shirts, and vintage clothing. In addition, rather than specific pieces of clothing, some students are defining themselves through aesthetics including E-girl, preppy, cottagecore, and 90’s throwback looks, and though these are just a few aesthetics, many more are characterizing the fashion within the halls.

When asking fashionable students from Hylton’s halls about the drastic change in fashion trends, many had insightful responses.

Senior Alexa White explains, “People are starting to wear similar styles more often, however, they wear different items from those styles together to make it their own.” When asked what she considers her fashion aesthetic, she goes on to state, “It’s kind of like grungy athlete, or on some days, it’ll be like preppy student.”

“I see more diverse styles in the hallways now. I think because of quarantine, people finally got the chance to really know their style and find out what they like and what they don’t like,” said senior Kayla Le.

Here is a slideshow of the fashionable people within Hylton’s halls.

Hylton students are not the only ones with a fashion sense, some Hylton teachers are rocking it with their own unique styles!