Varsity Boys Lacrosse Wins First Game of the Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Vicky Mahan

Vicky Mahan

Vicky Mahan

Eliana Black, Business Manager and Staff Writer

On Friday, March 14, varsity boys lacrosse played their first game at Osbourn High School.  The Bulldogs had their first victory for the season winning the game with an impressive score of 17 to 1.

Junior Joseph Wright, in the attack position, scored four goals and had one assist. The Bulldogs had 40 total attempted shots on Osbourn’s goal. In the second half of the game, Hylton scored enough points to have a running clock, meaning the clock is only stopped for a time-out.

Varsity boys lacrosse is coached by Coach Joseph Campagna and Coach Brandon Nuzum, with assistance from Coach Vinny Falletta and Coach Brian Barron. The team consists of 27 players, and has two freshman players: Jailan Stewart, (midfield), and Dylan Hammers (goalie).

Senior Dylan Keiser (attack) said,  “It felt good to dominate a team with my team friends and starting off the season with a win; there is no better way to start and get hyped for the season.”

Sophomore Giovanni Falletta (defense) said, “We played really well and it was a great start to the season.”

With only three penalties for Hylton and two for Osbourn, it was a relatively clean game. One goal was saved by freshman Dylan Hammers.

The win was a promising start for our boys lacrosse team.

Senior Sean Mahan said, “The team is a good group of guys, and we have the potential to bring home the Spriggs Cup.”

Come watch the next home game on Thursday, March 28 vs Battlefield High School. Junior varsity starts at 5:30 pm and varsity starts at 7:00 pm.

About the Writer
Eliana Black, Staff Writer & Business Manager

This is junior Eliana Black's first year on the Watchdog staff. Eliana is both an athlete and student leader at Hylton.  She is a member of the Varsity...