Hylton Sports Year in Review

Melanie Revollo, Staff Writer

This year was full of accomplishments for Hylton sports. From Boys’ Soccer winning the Battle of Spriggs to Cheer winning the state championship. Here is a recap of some of the sports that excelled this year.
This season was particularly successful for Hylton cheer. The team had an undefeated season and won the Class 6 State Championship Title. The 2017 Hylton Varsity Cheerleaders are All County Champions, Cardinal District Champions, Occoquan Region Champions and Class 6 State Champions.
Boys’ Basketball stepped it up and got stronger as the season went on. According to Maxpreps  the team averaged around 60 points per game. “Marcus Stephens (Senior) and Will Norwood (Senior) stepped up to be great leaders about halfway through the season,” said Senior Jordan Davis. Senior Marcus Stephens lead the team with 20 points per game.
This season Girls’ Lacrosse exceeded their expectations. “We knew which games were going to be tough but they ended up not being as bad as expected,” said Junior and Captain Prerana Pachai. One of the team’s highlights this season was winning their game against Woodbridge. They were at a 3-7 deficit and tied the game at 8-8 in overtime. Pachai scored in sudden death winning the game.
This season has been undefeated for Boys’ Soccer. “We not only met but exceeded our expectations and continued to surprise ourselves throughout the season,” said Senior Kevin Alvarez. Some of the season’s highlights include: defeating Forest Park 3-1 and beating Potomac, the second place team, 4-0. The players that emerged as leaders were Junior James Yeboah with most points per game, and Junior Maynor Menendez who plays center back.
While many teams at Hylton have exceeded their expectations this year, others are already preparing for the next season and planning to step it up.

About the Writer
Melanie Revollo, Staff Writer

Melanie Revollo made the most out of her time at Hylton. She experienced new things with people she’ll never forget.  She will be attending Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and majoring in biology in the fall. She hopes to eventually attend vet school. She is thankful for the memories she has created with her Watchdog and Hylton family.  Melanie is excited about the next chapter in her life and cannot wait to see what life holds for her.