Don’t Give Up in the Final Stretch

Whether you’ve lost motivation or just need a quick reminder of why you’re still in school, here are some tips on how to get through the last two and a half (ish) months!

Photo Credit: simplygiving.com

Sylvia Chan, News & Copy Editor

As the last weeks of school are rolling in and the third quarter wraps up, students tend to feel burnt out at this point of the year. The warm weather and thoughts of summer break sound much more appealing than quizzes in fourth period and homework. Whether you’ve lost motivation or just need a quick reminder of why you’re still in school, here are some tips on how to get through the last two and a half (ish) months!

#1. Set a schedule. Time management is important and every second of your day matters. Write down all the assignments you need to accomplish and map out how long it will take. Purchase a monthly planner (there are some sold at the Dollar Tree if you’re balling on a budget) and write down everything that’s due, so that you can see all the things you have to do at a glance. That way, you can pace yourself!

#2. What you do now sets the tone for the future. Old habits die hard, so form good school habits now! Do homework as soon as you get home. Don’t procrastinate. Your ways will carry on into the next school year, then into college, and before you know it, the rest of your life!

#3. Think about college. Not only do colleges look at your junior year grades, but every grade you’ve gotten since freshman year. Don’t screw up your GPA now! Finish out strong so that your grades won’t hinder your college acceptances.

#4. Take a break once in a while. Take a breather every half hour when you’re doing homework. Don’t pull an all-nighter; go to sleep instead. Eat a slice of cake after an hour of studying for a test; you’ve earned it. School is important, but your mental and physical health is what matters the most!

#5. Finish out strong. You’ve made it this far, what’s a couple more weeks? Don’t slack off now and throw 8 months of hard work down the drain!

You’re almost there, you can do it!