• December 7Band department hosting craft fair in the commons on Saturday, December 8th here at Hylton from 9-4 p.m.

Drasovean and Schuetze Shine on the Hylton Runway

Monica Drasovean and Alyssa Schuetze were excited to join Fashion Marketing's high energy fashion show

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ally Temple and Erin McCoy

The annual Prom Fashion Show at Hylton occurs once a year during all lunch shifts and is something the students look forward to. Typically, the students within the Fashion Marketing class organize the show and students outside of the class audition for their chance to walk down the runway. However, this year two Hylton students, Monica Drasovean and Alyssa Schuetze, were excited to accept an invitation to join the show to display prom trends for the upcoming season.  At the fashion show, the normal commons are transformed to a cheer filled runway that provides an opportunity for Hylton’s diverse students to experience a high energy fashion show.

With a few weeks to prepare, both Monica and Alyssa went out and found the perfect dresses to make their runway debut in. Monica found her purple dress at Ross, and Alyssa’s friend let her borrow a white dress. They were both looking forward to getting dressed up and strutting down the runway.

Senior Olivia Gale was particularly happy to coordinate and help with getting Monica and Alyssa prepared for their big day. Olivia was the person who brought the idea to the table saying, “I thought it would be cool to incorporate them in something they don’t normally do. I wanted to see a wider representation of all that Hylton encompasses,” said Olivia. Hylton is a diverse community, so adding the girls to the show was a welcomed addition to the Fashion Marketing class.

On the day of the fashion show, March 16, all participants gathered during first period in the auditorium to begin preparations to look their best. Monica and Alyssa were able to get their hair and makeup done by Olivia, who was ecstatic to do so. After getting them ready, Olivia commented saying, “they put trust in me to do their makeup and I felt really honored.”

Monica and Alyssa walked hand in hand down the runway, showered in cheers from a loving and supportive audience that helped their nerves fade away. Monica said her favorite part of walking down the red carpet was the smiling of the audience, and Alyssa said her favorite part was all of the cheering. Both of the girls thought it was really cool to dress up and get their makeup done. Olivia was heart warmed to watch them walk confidently and happy to see the audience’s positive reactions.

The annual fashion show is always an opportunity for Hylton’s diverse students to get involved. This year was no different, leaving even more participants with everlasting memories.

About the Contributors
Ally Temple, Former Editor-in-Chief

Ally Temple served as The Watchdog's Editor-in-Chief for two years. She had incredible experiences with amazing people at C.D. Hylton Senior High School....

Erin McCoy, Technology Editor & Business Coordinator

Erin McCoy had an amazing time during her last year as a Bulldog. She will forever cherish the memories made in these halls and is especially grateful...