Bulldog Detectives to the Scene

If you’re interested in solving mysteries, then ask your science teacher or counselor about Forensics.

Sumayyah Farooq, Staff Writer

Are you interested in solving mysteries and investigating crime scenes? If so, you may be interested in a new class, Forensics.

In this class, students will learn how to analyze a crime scene and become an investigator. Hylton chemistry teacher, Ms. Lesley Johnson said that she and Hylton chemistry teacher, Ms. Patricia Scronce are working towards completing their certification to teach the course next year. This class will be offered through the science department since it involves chemistry. Students must have successfully passed Chemistry I to enroll in the course.

Many students are looking forward to taking the class next year.

Junior Simran Khan said, “I am excited to take this class because it relates to my favorite television shows and is something I might be interested in pursuing as a career.”

Junior Crystal Hernandez said, “I am happy that Hylton is offering this class my final year of high school since I’m interested in mystery and crime.”

Ms. Johnson said that for one activity the classroom will be set up as a crime scene to give students the feeling of being a crime scene investigator. If you’re interested in solving mysteries, then ask your science teacher or counselor about Forensics.