Passionate Student Leader Tahsin Amin: In the Running for Valedictorian

This senior has been on the Principal’s Honor Roll throughout her whole academic career and is also very involved in school and her community

Melanie Revollo, Staff Writer

Tahsin Amin has made the most out of her high school years.  On top of being a straight A student and having a full list of extracurriculars, she is also in the running for valedictorian for the class of 2018. This senior has been on the Principal’s Honor Roll throughout her whole academic career and is also very involved in school and her community. She is a member of National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Muslim Student Association, GirlUp Woodbridge Community Club, and Model United Nations, and is also a junior volunteer at Sentara. Amin is most passionate about MSA. “It’s important to educate and clear up the misunderstandings there are out there about me and my fellow Muslims, and MSA gives me the opportunity to do just that,” said Amin.

Amin says it feels surreal to be in the running for valedictorian. It is one more thing to add to her list of achievements. Amin is constantly motivated thanks to her family. “My parents came to America from Bangladesh to provide better opportunities and lives to my sister and me. I know how hard they have worked to be here so I make sure to take advantage of that,” said Amin.

Amin plans to attend a four year university and major in biochemistry. Afterwards, she would like to go to medical school and become a pediatrician. Becoming a pediatrician will enable her to reach out to people and communities in need, which is her ultimate goal in life.

When it comes to her social life, Amin prioritizes her time with family and friends. She is always in the mood to dine out or watch a movie, unless she has a big test coming up. With senior year coming to an end, the stress just keeps on adding on.  Her biggest advice to her fellow classmates for their senior year is to “live in the moment and to always put happiness first.”

About the Writer
Melanie Revollo, Staff Writer

Melanie Revollo made the most out of her time at Hylton. She experienced new things with people she’ll never forget.  She will be attending Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and majoring in biology in the fall. She hopes to eventually attend vet school. She is thankful for the memories she has created with her Watchdog and Hylton family.  Melanie is excited about the next chapter in her life and cannot wait to see what life holds for her.