• December 7Band department hosting craft fair in the commons on Saturday, December 8th here at Hylton from 9-4 p.m.

In Memory of Beloved Spanish Teacher Señora Pamela Hunt

Back to Article
Back to Article

Joshua Hunt, Señora Hunt, and Mateo Hunt

Hunt Family

Hunt Family

Hunt Family

Sylvia Chan, News & Copy Editor

Señora Pamela Hunt was a foreign language teacher at Hylton who sadly passed away on Sept. 13.  During her three years at the school, she made strong relationships with her students and cared deeply about them. According to her students, the feelings were mutual.

Senior Tarik Robinson shared that his favorite memory was from the first day of school in Senora Hunt’s class when she shared the quote, “students don’t care how much you know until they know how you care.”   Robinson shared that the quote will never leave him.  “When she showed that quote, she made me feel as if I wasn’t just a name, but a student she actually cared about,” said Robinson.

Junior Alyssa Lawrence shared, “She was like my second mom; my sophomore year I didn’t have her [as a teacher] anymore but I would go visit her every day for the whole year on my way to history. I remember on the first day of school she was so excited to have her own room and she just really loved all her students. She wanted everyone to enjoy Spanish as much herself.”

In addition to being close with her students, Señora Hunt was always there for her colleagues as well. Fellow teachers shared what a caring person she was in and out of the classroom.

Hylton Spanish teacher Angela Jaimes Segura said that Señora Hunt was always taking care of her students, and shared her own experiences. “She gave me the best of her as a person as well as professionally,” said Segura. “She always listened to my concerns and helped me adapt to teaching at Hylton.”

German teacher Claudia Sattler agreed. “Mrs. Hunt was a lovely woman, an awesome teacher and colleague. She impressed me with her work ethic and her amazing connection to her students. My favorite memory is always her standing in the hallway embracing former students at the beginning of a new year. Mrs. Hunt was so much in her profession that I even thought in the beginning that she was actually from Puerto Rico.”

Señora Hunt had fun with her students and didn’t take herself too seriously. Students shared that you could often find her dancing.

Senior Marissa Malone shared a memory from her junior year, when she had Señora Hunt as her Spanish teacher. “We walk into class and she’s playing ‘El Perdon.’ She was just getting her groove on. She’s having a blast dancing around, legit throwing her own little party. It was the cutest thing and the best way to start the class,” said Malone.

Señora Hunt’s warm presence will forever live on at Hylton as well as in the hearts of both her students and colleagues.

About the Writer
Sylvia Chan, News & Copy Editor

Sylvia was on the The Watchdog staff for three years and served as the News & Copy Editor for two of them. She was also captain of Hylton's Academic...