The Watchdog Staff Gives Thanks

The Watchdog staff wishes our Hylton community a happy and safe holiday season

Watchdog Staff

Here’s what makes us most thankful:

“I’m thankful to lead the Watchdog staff; working with such a dedicated group of students brings me great joy!  I’m grateful for my students and colleagues.  Outside of the classroom, my son Jayden makes every day bright.  I’m fortunate to have supportive family and friends, and look forward to spending time with them over the holiday breaks.”   -Ms. Brittany Bauccio, Adviser

“I am thankful to be part of a diverse school community and having the honor to be the Editor-in-Chief of the Watchdog staff who are hardworking and always make me laugh. I am endlessly thankful for my family and friends, they hold me up as well as give me motivation and support to reach all of my goals. I am truly blessed for all I have in my life, and I owe all my thanks to those who have always been there for me.”   -Ally Temple, Editor-in-Chief

“I am thankful to be a part of such a welcoming environment alongside the Watchdog staff. I am grateful for my large family who serves as the best support system I could ask for. Lastly, this year especially, I am thankful for the education Hylton has provided me with in order to prepare me for college.” – Erin McCoy, Technology Editor & Business Coordinator

“I am thankful to be going to such an exciting and dynamic school. I am endlessly aware of how fortunate I am to be placed in such an environment that sets me up for success in college and in my future. I am also incredibly thankful for my family and friends, who have been by my side since day one.” -Chloe Koulefianou, Features Editor

“What am I thankful for? I guess I’m thankful for being inside a wonderful school system, one that has stuck with me and helped me to reach my various goals for 12 years. It’s been a ride, and I’m extremely thankful for all of my teachers and family who have pushed me from being a slacker to someone who is able to do the most arduous of tasks efficiently. I can’t wait for college. ” -Nnaemeka Obidinma, Webmaster

“I’m thankful for the friendships I’ve created at Hylton, especially at my time at The Watchdog. I’m also thankful for my family and friends, I don’t know what I’d do without the great support system that I have in my life.” -Sylvia Chan, News & Copy Editor

“Well I think I have the best family in the world and I’m willing to debate with anyone who thinks otherwise. I’m most thankful for them, allowing me to do anything and everything under the sun. Pushing me to be successful and to do something I love. They’re the reason I’ll be attending college next fall and I’m thankful for their sacrifices throughout my life.” -Christian Gardner, Sports Editor

“The first thing that comes to mind is my family, I’m pretty sure most people can agree that when it comes to family we recieve endless love and support, and that’s something I will always be grateful for. I am also grateful for my education, my home, and my friends who make high school an even better experience ” -Melanie Revollo, Staff Writer

“I am thankful for having my family support me every step of the way as I play soccer and get ready for college. Without them I would not be the person I am today. I love my coaches who have been training me for years, they are like family and I am thankful for the time and dedication they have put into me in becoming the player I am today. Hylton has allowed me to experience new friendships and has helped me get the education I deserve, I am most certainly thankful for that. ” -Crystal Hernandez, Sports Writer

“I’m thankful for my family for always supporting me in every life decision I make, especially my father. I’m also thankful for my friends and the blessings I have in my life, such as family, love, shelter, and needs. This may sound a bit selfish, but I am thankful for myself for being able to learn and grow through every struggle in my life and always giving myself the strength to move forward no matter how difficult life can get. I’m thankful every single day.” -Gabriella Zagal, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful for the scholarship I received to attend Hampton University. It helps me relax, knowing that my parents don’t have to worry as much about getting me through school. I’m also thankful for all the friendships I’ve made since coming to Hylton. My friends are one of the greatest support systems I could have, and I could never repay them for everything they have done for me. ” -Karle Traoré, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful for my family, who help guide me through this hetic time in my life. They inspire me to work hard and become succesful in the future. I’m also thankful for all of the people and teachers I’ve encountered throughout my high school career at Hylton. Without them I wouldn’t be where I am now. ” -Lauren Williamson, Staff Writer

“I’m super thankful to have all my family here with me this Thanksgiving. It’s been a long time since we’ve all been together for Thanksgiving and it means a lot to me. I’m also thankful to be alive and healthy so I can eat as much as I want and not have to be worried about any side effects. ” -Savannah Winstead, Fashion & Lifestyle Writer